Monday, August 18, 2014

Day 110 Get Fit Challenge...crunch time


Friday I go in for fitting and alterations for my wedding dress, so I am really trying to push myself this week and hopefully lose another 3-4 pounds. This morning was chest day for weight lifting and somewhere during the workout I tweaked a muscle in my back/shoulder blade area...LAME. So I made sure I really stretched everything out after my cardio and took a couple of Aleve when I got home. 

Tonight's HIT workout was a bit of a struggle with some of the upper body exercises because I was a bit sore overall from the chest workout in addition to the back/shoulder blade soreness. I thought I would try a new variation for the plank since I am at the 4 minute mark, so I thought I'd try out the reverse plank. The reverse plank exercise isolates and strengthens the gluteus (butt) muscles and hamstrings. Done correctly, it engages both the abs and the lower back muscles. Also it is really hard and it really hurt my elbows to have them locked like that for two minutes. I am thinking since it's two reps of plank to fail I'll do one reverse and one on the bosu ball and gradually work my way up in time. Hopefully that will work out better.


Mom really struggled tonight as I think she is coming down with a cold but she sucked it up and finished the HIT but we had to forgo the cardio for tonight which sucked because I really didn't want to, but what are you going to do downside of carpooling to the gym right? Maybe when my fiance gets back she won't feel the need to have to work out with me all the time and I can get a more consistent evening workout in.



No comments:

Post a Comment