Friday, July 4, 2014

Day 66 Get Fit Challenge...Unhappy 4th of July

I haven't had a Fourth of July in three years because of living abroad so I was pretty excited about, it too bad it was a let down. 

I started off the day with a walk around the lake with Max as the gym was closed because of the holiday. It was actually sunny and clear skies for once which was nice. Towards the end of the walk I noticed that there were black raspberries in the ditch that were just ripe for the picking so after we made it back home I went back to pick them even though I couldn't eat any as my dad loves black raspberries. 

That afternoon I had to sit outside because the whole house smelled of red velvet cake and BBQ ribs and I just couldn't take it. Sitting down for lunch was also torture as the spread smelled and looked like perfection. BBQ ribs, bacon baked beans, potato salad, corn on the cob, pasta salad, chips and salsa, and for dessert red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and caramel and chocolate cheese cake.

I sat there eating my plain chicken and veggies really hating my life and wanting to be anywhere but at that table. I guess it would be a bit more tolerable if I was losing more weight but at two months I'm only 20 pounds down and I should be at least 30 pounds down by this point and I just got really depressed. 

After food we took the boat out for a cruise around the lake as for some reason there were no fireworks as they are scheduled for tomorrow night. Who has fireworks to celebrate the Fourth of July on the 5th? Needless to say I will be heading to bed disappointed and depressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment