Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Day 91 Get Fit Challenge...If you are not here to work then go home

Today was chest day for my morning weight lifting. I went a bit later this morning in hopes to avoid some of the morning crowd which worked out pretty well minus the group of annoying high school football boys who did more talking and goofing around that lifting. I just don't understand the need for social hour at the gym. I mean why would you want to take 2 hours to do something that would normally take you 45 minutes at the most? At that point you're letting your muscles cool down so much you're not really getting much out of it. Also you are REALLY annoying to all the people around you when you stand around and take up space and machines that you really aren't using.

I finally got around to finding a great recipe for the fresh brussel sprouts that have been hanging out in the fridge and man oh man is that a keeper.


Here is the recipe if you want to try it out trust me even if you don't like brussel sprouts this will definitely change your mind. 

Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil
Prep brussel sprouts by cutting off the ends, peeling away any yellowed leaves and cutting them in half length wise (about two cups worth)
Dice 4 cloves of garlic
Thinly slice half of a red onion
Combine the brussel sprouts, garlic, and onions in a mixing bowl and add 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, 1 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper, and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Give everything a good stir to coat and pour onto the cookie sheet
Give the mixture a good shake on the cookie sheet to put everything into one nice layer and put in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until fork tender
After they were finished in the oven I topped them with a bit of paprika and a bit of lemon juice and oh dear lord were they yummy.

The HIT workout tonight was pretty good minus all the a-holes that decided to stand around in the way not doing anything then when I would ask them to move or to put back things that we were using I would get stank face and major eye rolls. SERIOUSLY do not mess with me while I am in the middle of my workout I will drop your ass so fast. I may be a bigger girl but don't let that fool you I do work at the gym and it is paying off, slower than expected but progress none the less. Nothing pisses me off more than people that come to the gym and don't do work.


No comments:

Post a Comment