Thursday, May 8, 2014

Day 10 Get Fit Challenge...it's too hot to eat

Today I struggled eating all of my meals because the weather is getting warmer and who wants to eat 6 full meals of hot food on a hot day...that's right no one. I'm going to need to research a way to get all of my food requirements without having to heat everything up otherwise it's going to be a miserable summer. In other food related news I am over oatmeal so tonight I switched my 3 servings of oatmeal out for 3 servings of malt-o-meal and that made me a happy camper as I found it wasn't as heavy and was easier to get through after my 10 egg whites and rice cake.

Today's morning HIT workout was amusing as there were a set of soccer moms in the open area doing there thing while I was doing mine. I wish I could have taken a picture when I started my tire flips and they both just stopped what they were doing and stared at me while I finished my four sets...that's right ladies I might be fatter than you but I definitely work harder.

Tonight was the dreaded chest and inadvertently shoulder night for weights. It sucked but it sucked a lot less and I got through a lot more on my own which made me feel good even though my shoulders feel like they are going to explode and my chest is going to hate me in the morning but big improvement over last week.

The supersets we do are the worst:


start with dumbbell chest press of 12-15 reps
 go right into isolated shoulder press
unlike this picture you do 12-15 reps of one arm
then the other but you have to keep the arm that
is not being worked up to engage the muscle
then right into dumbbell front raises of 12-15 reps


then right into 12-15 pushups
(at this point I cannot do normals one so I do knee pushups)
And that people is one set...we do four total and by the third one I have to drop down the weights on the chest press and shoulder press because it's too much. 

Next we do a couple of cable chest exercises: 
  
lower chest raise

cable flys

and then finish it off with an incline chest press. All of which are 4 sets of 12-15 reps.



Then comes my favorite part of the workout....cardio. That ladies and gentlemen is chest day and tomorrow I will not be able to raise my arms above my waist.






No comments:

Post a Comment