Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day 29 Get Fit Challenge...they should call chest day 'squeeze your tit-tays' day

It's a standard rule that Mondays are chest day, but when chest day falls on a holiday apparently people don't go to the gym (but not me I go now regardless) so the following day becomes chest day. Needless to say today was said day. 

Now there is nothing more annoying to a woman than having to complete chest day on the same day as the guys.
First off the weight room is packed to the max with everyone basically doing the same sets all at the same time, so there is a lot of waiting around and staring and posing in mirrors (and they say girls are bad pft go to a gym and you'll find that 9 times out of 10 it's the guys checking themselves out in the mirrors). 

Why do you need a selfie right now?!?
Second when you do finally secure yourself an area in the free weights try to do a superset of like 4 different exercises as it will speed things up granted you'll want to die about halfway through but you can get out of the tosterone injected area asap. 


Third just expect to be stared at. Yes I am a woman, yes I am doing a superset, yes I am lifting half of what you are when it comes to dumbbells, yes I'm working harder than you because unlike your 3 reps of 65 pounds I'm doing 15 reps for each of my 4 different exercises without taking 3 minute long stare at my muscles in the mirror breaks, no I am not staring at you in the mirror I'm trying to look around you to make sure my form is in check.

                                       
                                                     Seriously! Do some work no one is looking at you.
Third when doing chest exercises on the cable machines repeat after me,"squeeze your tit-tays together." One this ensures that you are actually using your chest to do the exercise and two as a woman this is easier to understand than flex your chest to engage your muscles because really what woman goes around flexing their chest?

Also since I am ranting about gym etiquette here is another thing that I just don't understand: bathing yourself in cologne before working out. I don't care how good it smells when you pour it on and then sweat nothing good comes from that. Ladies this includes you too. You may not sweat profusely, but your perfume bubble that is taking over the whole area makes me want to stab you. It's a gym if you work hard enough you should smell bad by the end of it, if not go home this is not a beauty contest. 

In other gym related news during my cardio tonight after weights my legs decided to go into beast mode and I had to up the workload to 30 on the elliptical; this is what immediately happened in my head:



 Well kids one more day till an official 30 days of the fitness challenge. Tomorrow HIT and cardio in the morning followed by biceps and triceps and cardio at night.



No comments:

Post a Comment