Monday, May 19, 2014

Days 18-20 Get Fit Challenge...being social on a diet is awkward

This weekend was my brother's finace's graduation from pharmacy school (she rocks btw so proud of her) and it gave me a real eye opener about how difficult it is to have a life and do this diet. 

Sure eating 6 meals a day is easy when you're not working or obligated to go anywhere no matter how tedious it may seem. Then add in anything remotely social and the dial gets turned from tedious to OH MY GOD I HATE MY LIFE. Everything has to be planned ahead like meals, what to carry the meals around in, access to a microwave (or just deal with eating things cold as heating it up doesn't really make the food any better), and then getting up extra early or staying up extra late to get your workouts in. It's like having a baby around to take care of only it doesn't do anything cute or adorable to redeem itself.

Mostly everything just went to shit and I missed 2 meals on Saturday and 5 meals on Sunday. Yep 5 meals I ate once today and it was at 10pm...well technically I ate twice but the solitary chicken breast I had around 4pm hardly counts especially when I was drooling over everyone else's hamburgers, brats, potato and macaroni salads, chips, cookies, and pop. In short I suck at doing this diet and having any kind of social life. Good thing I don't know anyone in Iowa and will never have any plans so I can focus on all this crap. 

In addition to all of this today was a weigh in day and guess who didn't lose anything? Me. I didn't gain anything either so at least there is that. Honestly, I'm not surprised I've always had to work ten times harder than anyone else to lose any amount of weight be it from a pound to twenty pounds so why would this be any different. 



In an effort to make something happen my brother is going to rework my program for the next two weeks. So starting tomorrow I am on a no carb diet (basically I'm still eating 6 times a day but instead of having carbs with every meal I am having an extra half cup of veggies), we are focusing more on form and adding more time to each complex in my HIT workouts, and the intensity of my cardio workouts is increasing as well. Also in addition to my two cardio workouts a day I have to be more active when I am not at the gym since I am currently unemployed. This will more than likely involve me walking the dog for 30+ minutes twice a day (I'm thinking once in between my 2nd and 3rd meals and again between my 3rd and 4th meals). 

So to answer the question of the day, how do I feel? Like shit. Complete and utter failure shit. I just want to curl into a ball and cry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment