Saturday, May 10, 2014

Day 12 Get Fit Challenge...walking lunges are the devil

Well kids it's leg day...a day that I both look forward to and kind of dread. I look forward to it because my lower body is soooo much stronger than my upper body so I really dont struggle as much with doing all of the weights and I feel good pushing myself. I dread it because I know come two days from now everything thing from the waist down is gonna be in pain.


The morning HIT workout was a little bit of a struggle today because my upper body is still sore but got through it and my 15 minutes of my cardio. It's strange to think how far I've come with this workout in 12 days. Even though it still kicks my ass at the end of it I don't feel as tired and worn out I just feel like I've put in some good work and my sweat soaked shirt is the proof.

Tonight for lifting we did squats, leg press, walking lunges, leg extensions and leg curls...thankfully nothing was supersetted. Since my brother didn't go with us I tried to think how he would push me and added more weight to everything I was doing and it felt good. Minus walking lunges.....I HATE WALKING LUNGES!!! About halfway through the set I really struggle as my legs turn to jello and feel like they are going to explode every time I take that knee to the ground.


The good news however is tomorrow is an off day so I only have to do cardio. Hopefully the weather will be nice so I can walk outside and hopefully stretch out the legs a bit so I'm not too sore on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment