Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 15 Get Fit Challenge...taking it up a notch or ten

Moving into phase two my brother has decided to rework my HIT workout to continue to challenge me. 
None of the exercises have changed just the weights and distances of them.

This is what my HIT workout was before:

1 set 30 seconds of alternate heavy rope training 
1 set 1 minute each of thrusters with 10lb bar
4 sets of tire flips timed for speed (5 flips)
1 set 30 seconds of straight heavy rope training
4 sets of shuffle sprints with 20lb medicine ball throw downs (end of wall to middle of wall)
4 sets 30 seconds each of overhead medicine ball throws with an 8lb ball
1 set 15 seconds of sweep heavy rope training
4 sets 45 seconds each of box step-ups with alternate knee crunches (lowest height)
3 sets 30 seconds of planks 

This is what it is now:

1 set 30 seconds of alternate heavy rope training (full length of rope)
1 set 1 minute of thrusters with 20lb bar
2 sets of tire flips timed for speed (10 flips)
1 set 30 seconds of straight heavy rope training (full length of rope)
4 sets of shuffle sprints with 20lb medicine ball throw downs (entire length of wall)
4 sets 30 seconds each of overhead medicine ball throws with an 8lb ball
1 set 15 seconds of sweep heavy rope training (full length of rope)
4 sets 45 seconds each of box step-ups with alternate knee crunches (maximum height)
3 sets 30 seconds of planks 

Rest time between sets has decreased from 30 seconds to 15 seconds
Rest time between cycles is about a minute

I did my first run through of the new HIT workout on Sunday and thought I was going to die. My brother timed my tire flips and it took me 2 minutes to do 20 flips where before I was doing 10 flips in 56 seconds, so that was a bummer. My shuffle sprints were at 22 seconds going to the halfway point and at the full wall they are at 44 seconds. I really struggled with the box step ups into the third set and I had to dig deep halfway through the rope work. Something really cool happened after my workout when I was getting on the elliptical trainer. Another member came up to me and said that he thought I did a really great job on my workout and that it looked really tough and he doubted he could get through it. That really made my day, so to whoever you are thanks for the props it meant a lot to me.



This morning we switched things up a bit since my brother's fiance had to work late so she and I did our chest workout and 35 minutes of cardio together so she could get it in and tonight my brother and I ran through the new HIT workout and another 35 minutes of cardio. 
HIT went much better tonight I smashed the tire flips with a time of 56 seconds and I shaved 3 seconds off of my shuffle sprints. Rope work was still challenging but at the 20 second mark instead of 15. Box step ups went better as well as I didn't putter out half way through. My left knee did start hurting me tonight after the first cycle, my brother said it's normal because of all of the squatting and I'll go on a vitamin to help with my joint health to help that out. My second bout of cardio tonight was a bit challenging to get through but I think it was mainly because my knee was bothering me. 

Tomorrow weight training is in the morning again with biceps and triceps and 35 minutes of cardio with HIT and another 35 minutes of cardio tomorrow night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment