Sunday, May 25, 2014

Day 27 Get Fit Challenge...Weigh In Day

So it's Sunday which means it's weigh in day my least favorite day of the week. After last night's slight panic attack I tried to go into my weigh in this morning feeling positive that even if I didn't lose anything I have still made progress this week and I am fitter than when I started. 

If you don't remember last week I didn't lose anything and the weigh in before that I had gained 1.2 pounds taking me up to 261.2, so imagine my surprise when I stepped on the scale and saw 250.8. I figured it must have been off balance or something so I checked it and stepped on it again, same number popped up. Still in disbelief that I could drop 10 pounds in one week I checked it one more time, you know that whole third time's a charm business, and still there is was 250.8.  Holy Sh*t! was the only thing I could get out of my mouth. After 26 days, 52 workouts, and a week without carbs my metabolism has finally got the memo that I mean business...thank baby Jesus because there is no greater motivation than to see the numbers on a scale decrease. 

I think it's safe to say that my body just doesn't do well with carbs. This coming week I am following the same diet and workout plan and we'll see where I end up next Sunday. Eventually the plan is to re-introduce small amounts of carbs back into my diet. Until then it's still 6 meals a day 4 of which are 5 oz of chicken and 1.5 cups of veggies, a morning protein shake, and my last meal of 8 egg whites. 

This next week is also my last week here with my brother and his fiance. They have been such a huge support and motivators for me and I am a little nervous to go back to Iowa and continue on this journey as I've gotten use to them kicking my ass every day =) I also am due for my one month measurements next Sunday and progress picture as well and I am curious to see the results. 

And for tonight, well tonight is leg day and I fully plan to rock it.


No comments:

Post a Comment