Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Day 15 Get Fit Challenge...oh leg day you hurt so good

So today was supposed to be biceps and triceps but my brother switched it up and had me and his fiance do legs AND abs today for our morning weight lifting session. In a word it sucked. It also made for a really long workout when we added in the 35 minutes of cardio afterwards. 


The good news today was the progress I made on my squats and incline leg presses. I think I am finally getting my form down correctly for squats and was able to throw some weights on the bar. Went into beast mode for the leg presses and by my 4th set I was able to complete 15 reps of 409 pounds. Walking lunges still stucked like always and for some reason are not getting any easier, but today they were especially difficult because my left knee was bothering me from last night's workout. End the session with ab supersets and I was one tired lady that was not looking forward to cardio. While I was on the elliptical I noticed that I ended up sweating completely through my t-shirt as I went to wipe my face and there wasn't a dry spot to be found...note to self start bringing a towel to morning weight lifting sessions. 

Needless to say when we got back and I had had my meal and shower I was done and definitely ready for a nap if I was ever going to be able to get through tonight's HIT workout. So I popped a couple of Aleve threw the heating pad on my lower back and took about an hour nap. When I woke up it was time to eat again and after I spent the rest of the afternoon icing my knee. 

Tonight's HIT training....well let's put it this way it's never smart to do leg day before a HIT workout. I barely got through my first cycle when my quads started burning and they didn't stop until about halfway through my cardio. 

So there ya have it another day down and one more day till glorious off day which I think I'll need as I have a feeling my leg soreness is going to kick in full force Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment