Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Day 9 Get Fit Challenge...I am not built for running

Today is the first day since I started that no part of my body has been sore which is HUGE. I thought for sure after leg day that the soreness would settle back in, but nothing so woohoo happy dance. 

My morning workouts are still going well I feel like I am taking less time in between cycles to recover which is great. I have been solo on the morning workouts all this week so I haven't been able to time certain ones to see if I am improving, but hopefully my brother can go with me Thursday morning so I can see where I am at compared to last week. 

We were supposed to go to the gym this evening to do chest and shoulders but my poor brother came down with shingles and it's been kicking his ass so instead he had me run up and down their long ass driveway 4 times. 

This is the driveway, it's a slight incline
I had to go down and back up to complete one 'lap'
Made it through 2.5 laps before I rolled my ankle and had to walk the rest

This is when I realized just how much I hate running. I have never enjoyed running I find it too jarring on my body. Granted you burn calories faster when you run, but man I would rather do an hour of walking or on the elliptical than run for 15 minutes. Often I look at people who run either at the gym or outside and think man maybe I'll give it a try it would be so good for me and I could do it anywhere. Then when I am forced to run my brain goes nope not gonna happen so I force my body to keep going and it goes I know how to fix this let's roll an ankle (which is exactly what happened on my third go down the driveway). 
So I have just accepted that I am not built for running and that's ok. Yes, it takes me longer to get my cardio done, but I'm ok with that as what really matters is that I am doing the cardio and burning the calories.



No comments:

Post a Comment