Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day 23 Get Fit Challenge...thank goodness for naps

Just a note to self here: do not by any means think it's a good idea to follow up a leg day with 35 minutes of strenuous cardio and then do a HIT workout you will die..that is all.

I had to do my cardio before HIT today because I forgot to look at the class schedule for the gym and ended up getting there 15 minutes into a group class. Because they block the whole back section for group classes there was no way I was going to get anything in, so I just thought well I just do cardio now and by the time I'm done the class will be too no big deal. Wrong it was definitely a big deal to my legs and I suffered through my HIT workout feeling every single muscle in my legs as most of the exercises for HIT are either doing a squat or holding a squat position....Ouchtown, population: me.  


Also, during my HIT workout today there was a man who started copying some of the exercises from it which is fine it's a hell of a workout and if you want to get in on it be my guest. What I don't want you to do though is interrupt me during my cycles because you have all of these questions about what I am doing, how long I do things, and how many reps/sets I do therefore delaying me and making me have too long of a recovery time in between exercises(not that my body wasn't thanking me for that though). Then he started being all chatty explaining how he hasn't workout out alone in a long time because he is more of a group class oriented person and all I could think in my head is, yeah I don't want to be your workout buddy I have a couple of really good ones already please stop talking so I can finish and get out of here. Thankfully he started working out again and I got to finish my last cycle and leave before he finished his next set. I hope that doesn't make me sound like an awful person, but you know when you're in the workout zone and you can see the finish the last thing you want is to be interrupted. Besides it's like workout code 101 not to interrupt someone during a set come on man.

Tonight's weight workout was chest and shoulders and that has yet to get any easier. The first superset we do just kills me and I feel like everything just wants to explode about halfway through. If I am weak at anything it's chest and shoulders hopefully in another month I'll be able to rock it out and see some progress. 

Food wise the elimination of carbs is still going well I don't feel too zonked. I did take an awesome nap today after my workout though which may or maynot have to do with not eating carbs either way I was pretty excited about naptime. 
I have started taking vitamin C twice a day and have added a second multivitamin at night. I need to get some B-complex and an additional Calcium pill as osteoporosis runs in my family and I'm at that age now where I need to be mindful of that kind of thing. Other than that I find that I get quite hungry now after my workouts so that is good, but I still don't get hungry from meal to meal which isn't a big worry because I think the fact that I am getting hungry at all is a good sign my metabolism might finally be starting to kick into gear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment