Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day 16 Get Fit Challenge...I feel like I live at the gym

I have to say though it is nice to be able not to work at the moment and focus on getting healthy and my upcoming wedding the downside is that working out has become my life and frankly I'm a little bored of the monotony of it already. 

Wake up, eat, wait an hour, go to the gym, come home, eat, nap, eat, cook, eat, go to the gym again, come home, eat, shower, sleep, repeat. 

It's like Groundhog Day but without the fun option of doing whatever you want knowing that tomorrow everything starts over. 

I should probably get a hobby to fill the time between eating, cooking, and working out. I know you are probably thinking, 'Oh but don't you have so much to do for the wedding?' Actually, no I don't. I'm only doing a handful of DIY things and most of them can't be worked on until closer to September and everything else is taken care of...what can I say I'm efficient (ok ok borderline OCD). 

I feel guilty for not bettering myself by taking a class or something while I am not working but there are not really classes you can take online to learn things like Photoshop, REVIT, Sketch-Up, and InDesign (the things that I need to learn to get back into my field) trust me I've looked several times. Also I live in the middle of nowhere Iowa aside from enrolling in a state university for a completely different degree (which who has the money for that I'm still paying my current student loan debt) there are not a whole lot of options for taking and educational class or two.
I also tried job hunting but at this point it's stupid because who is going to hire someone that will need a week off for their wedding in September followed by another two weeks off in January so they can have a reception in New Zealand...no one. 

I'm in this weird tweener state of adulthood which is funny because at 30 you'd think I'd be full blown adult with a 10 year life plan, a steady job, a mortgage, and a baby on the way. But life is funny and doesn't do the things you want to do EVER so I have none of those things that everyone seems to fall into so easily. 

So right now I get up, eat, workout, eat, nap, eat, cook, eat, workout, eat, sleep. With some reading and time spent on the computer thrown in to keep the brain active. Hopefully everything else will fall into place eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment