Friday, May 30, 2014

Day 31 Get Fit Challege...wrapping it up in KCMO

Today was my last day here in Missouri training with my brother and his fiance. Tomorrow I head back to Iowa to continue my training there. 

I've really enjoyed working out at their gym, Impact Fitness. It is a great locally owned and operated gym that has friendly and helpful staff, great weight and cardio areas, and a training area complete will all kinds of fun equipment from sledgehammers and tires to TRX equipment. Another great thing about this gym is that you don't feel intimidated walking in there to do your workout. It has this more relaxed vibe unlike some big chains where everyone is strutting around going look at me look at me instead of doing work. If I ever move back to this area for sure that will be the gym I sign up at. 




What I looked at every morning
My brother making sure I'm working hard during HIT 
Moving on to my workouts today. Seeing how is was my last workout with him my brother wanted me to do my HIT workout with him tonight so he could gage my progress, so I did my weight lifting this morning. It was back day, one of my favorite weight days as I can really push myself because it's one of my stronger body parts. 

Tonight's HIT workout kicked my ass, but I have made some fantastic improvements since I first started. My brother said that during my heavy rope work I made it look easy (truth is my legs were on FIRE the whole time). Tire flips were next 20 total in 47 seconds my best time yet. During my minute of thrusters I knocked out 26 where as before I was lucky to get to 20. Then we got to isolated shuffles, I hate these the most now that we've added the kettle bells and slowed it down, however I was able to keep my butt down during the 4 sets and really hold the squat. Sledge hammer swings I knocked out 30 swings in both 1 minute sets an improvement of 5 swings each set. The box step ups with crunches I did 25 all 4 sets and normally I get 20. Planks finish off the workout and today instead of doing 2 sets of 30 seconds I did 3 sets of 30 second and my last set I did till fail which ended up being at 54 seconds. 

I am really happy with where I am and all my improvements with this workout and I'm sad I won't be able to continue it exactly back in Iowa as the gym there doesn't have the tire, sledgehammer, and heavy ropes. Not to worry though this next week there will be modifications to it to make up for the lack of equipment. My brother will be coming up next weekend to revamp everything based on the equipment that I have access to, so I'm excited to see what new things he'll come up with. 

Tomorrow is an off day which works out great as the drive back to Iowa is about 4 hours so I shouldn't have a problem getting my cardio in. Here we go next leg of the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment