Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 24 Get Fit Challenge...I cannot wait for an off day

Working out is catching up with me this week and I woke up feeling sore and tired which made for a rough morning workout. Cardio is now my new nemesis which is too bad because that was the one part of my workout that I didn't mind. However, ever since my brother amped up the resistance my opinion has changed. I struggle through every second of both 35 minute sessions of cardio, and the one at night always seems to be more difficult to get through than my morning one.



My new HIT workout has been going ok. Today I could see improvement in my sledge hammer squats so that was a win. Even though I haven't lost any weight I have been improving my fitness level and I am really happy about that. I find that after my HIT workout I feel like I've accomplished something and that makes me feel really good even though I am a sweaty hot mess.

Tonight's weight lifting was biceps and triceps. Preacher curls kicked my ass as usual, but I was able to crank more out in pull ups and dips so that was a win. I'd like to get to the point with those where I can knock out 12-15 reps instead of 7-10. It would also be really awesome if I could graduate from assisted pull ups, but at this point I think I might be getting ahead of myself. 

Tomorrow is the last day of my 4 days on and it's ending with a back workout. Needless to say I am excited for an off day I'm feeling very run down and kind of over working out. Not sure if it's just my body telling me to rest or if the no carb thing is catching up to me. We'll see but for now my two hour afternoon naps will have to suffice, and honestly who doesn't like a nice nap in the afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment