Sunday, May 11, 2014

Day 14 Get Fit Challenge (pt 1)...Weigh In Day

So this morning I weighed in and I went from 260 pounds to 261.2 pounds so I gained 1.2 pounds in two weeks. Am I disappointed? Hell yes I am, but it is less than what I thought I had gained so I guess that is good. 

I think what I am struggling with about this first weigh in is that when my mother did this program she lost 7 pounds her first week only working out once a day. I am working out twice a day and I gained weight...talk about frustration. My brother says that it's not a big deal and that most people don't see weight loss till about the 4th week. I also know that I am not supposed to compare my body and the way it works to anyone else's but damn it's hard not to especially when your mother is on the line when you weigh in and then proceeds to lecture you about how you're not doing enough during the day and that you should get extra cardio in by walking for an hour or two or riding a bike in between morning and evening workouts. 

Long story short I feel like I have failed. There were a lot of expectations with me going into this from the get go and I haven't lived up to any of them yet. Hopefully this is not the trend for the next 17 weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment