Monday, June 16, 2014

Day 49 Get Fit Challenge...tornado warnings

The morning HIT workout was hard today half way into my first cycle I was already dripping sweat. For the next two weeks my cardio has been bumped up to 45 minutes so today I added an extra 5 minutes to the row machine putting me up to 25 minutes with an additional 20 minutes on the stair stepper. 

I also found a new recipe to get my veggies in that is a spin on coleslaw that's not too bad. 

10 oz bag of coleslaw (I picked out all the carrots cause I can't eat them on this program)
1 red, yellow, orange, and green bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 cups of tomato cut into long slices
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1 TBSP sugar alternative (splenda, truvia)
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
Combine the veggies together in a container with a lid and shake well to mix.
In a separate bowl combine the vinegar, sugar alternative and spices and whisk together.
Pour dressing over veggies and shake to combine. 
Let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours to marinate all the flavors together.



I think I will use this even after the restrictive diet is over cause I think it would go really well on brats and is a great summer side in general. 

We didn't get over to the gym tonight because there were tornado warnings all over the area. We didn't get hit with any of them but we got some major thunderstorms and crazy winds.

1 comment: